Entries to the Henbury Flower Show are welcomed in 65 show classes the following general regulations apply.
Click here for a downloadable copy of the 2020 entry form
General Regulations for Competitors
- Competitors must fill in the Entry Form and send/give it, together with the appropriate entrance fee to the show officials at the address(es) listed, on or before Wednesday 8th July 2020.
- The entrance fee per entry is 20p – junior classes are free.
- Competitors will be allowed 1 entry for each class.
- The hall will be open for the staging of exhibits on Saturday 11th July 2020 between 9.00am and 10.20am. After this time the hall will be cleared of all persons except the officials required to accompany the Judges.
- The Exhibitor should place each of their entries on the correct table where they will find a class card for their entry which should be placed face downwards in front of their exhibit.
- All flowers, vegetables and fruit must have been cultivated by the Exhibitor (except see note under Section C).
- The decision of the Judges shall be final, and they may withdraw any prize if the exhibits are not, in their opinion, of sufficient merit.
- No items previously submitted in any class are eligible.
- Tables covered with white or black paper will be provided but all other requirements will have to be supplied by the Exhibitor.
- In the interest of the show, all Exhibitors are asked to ensure that their exhibits and varieties are correctly named.
- NO EXHIBITS OR PARTS OF EXHIBITS WHATSOEVER SHALL BE REMOVED BEFORE 4.30 pm.
- Liability for damages etc. – The Committee shall not be responsible for any damage or loss to persons or property in any way arising out of or connected with the show.
- Prizes in all classes will be £1.00 – first, 70p – second and 50p – third
- Points in all classes will be 3 – first, 2 – second, 1 – third
Entry forms and fees should be returned to the following show officials no later than Wednesday 8th July 2020:
– Jane Nash – 57 Brentry Lane, Brentry, BS10 6QQ
– Jo Lambert – 5 Windmill Lane, Henbury, BS10 7PZ
– Andrew Hockey – 87 Hallen Road, Henbury, BS10 7RA
– Heather Jones – 268 Henbury Road, Henbury, BS10 7QR
– Lynn Graves – 7 Harford Close, Coombe Dingle, BS9 2QD
– Henbury Flower Show c/o – 190 Henbury Road, Henbury, BS10 7AE
– Henbury Flower Show c/o – Henbury Village Hall post box, Church Lane, BS10 7QG
The hall is open between 9.00am – 10.20am on Saturday 11th July for entrants to display items.
General Helpful Hints
- Remember that presentation is very important
- Marks will be deducted for poor labelling
- Where a number of items is specified, for example 5 potatoes, any variation from this will be disqualified
- Where a particular plant is specified, the inclusion of any other plant is not permitted
- Mounts should enhance the photograph or picture – never let it overpower the subject